Interstate Sign and Light is a Fully Equipped Service and Installation Company, a leader in the design, manufacture, installation, and service and repair of commercial signage and electrical services including LED message boards. Serving the sign industry throughout Florida.
Our expertise extends to permitting, surveys, repair and conversions and customized maintenance and installations programs.
Our motto: “You Want It Done Right” … call Interstate Sign and Light!
We are looking to fill various positions as we expand our territory and look to grow our offerings.
If you have the experience and meet the requirements below and would like to be a part of leading our national expansion, we’d love to hear from you!
Experience working for a Sign company as an estimator bidding installation and new construction preferred. Estimating projects include surveys and permitting. Estimating self-performed work and pricing the labor, equipment, and material costs. Working knowledge of construction, electrical and all project phases. Ability to produce accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings. Ability to produce detailed, final contract estimates. Ability to assess site exposures/construction risks and be able to appropriately analyze cost and reflect these in an estimate. Ability to identify site issues through the estimating process. Ability to identify value-engineering alternatives. Ability to work as a team. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively. Working experience on Signtracker software a plus. Travel within Florida may be required.
- Identifying and quantifying cost factors, such as time, materials and expenses
- Reading blueprints and technical documents
- Evaluating the profitability and viability of a product or service
- Recommending cost-cutting methods to increase profitability
- Using computer software to prepare estimates and supporting documentation
- Participation in proposal preparation and client presentations
- Communicate with other departments, engineers and project managers to resolve issues
- Professional and technical verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills and out of box thinking to meet customer requirements
- Proficient MS Office skills; especially Excel
- Follow up skills to ensure customer acceptance and order generation
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Associate
Required experience: Cost Estimating – 3 years
Required license or certification: Driver’s License